March 02, 2014

Kings of War

So I've been following Kings of Wars development for the last 3 years as i love Fantasy war gaming. Warhammer fantasy battle was my favourite war game for almost 20 years, but as time went by the rules changed and the models got more and more expensive.  Mantic games came along and brought out new models at an affordable cost. The models were a bit hit and miss and the rules were in development so i waited. About 5 months back they game started to take off in a bigger way here in Auckland with the first tournament held at Battlecry a few weeks back.  This made me decide it was dime to dive in and give it a go. 

Undead.

An undead army was always one of my favourites and over the years i have painted a few different ones for myself and other people. I decided i would try out a skeleton horde as my first attempt at trying mantic models. The mantic skeletons are amazing models.  they have lots of character and remind me a lot of the army of the dead from Evil dead 3 –army of darkness.

 

I've tried to assemble the miniatures with as many different options as possible so thy really do look like a shambling horde. At the moment I'm not sure on a colour scheme but im thinking an imperial half red half white scheme to really go against the bone white and rusty metal.  Not sure how it will look till ive tried a few but i do know that i want the army to pop on the table.

20140302_195126

should have some test figures ready by the end of tomorrow night.

If anyone out there plays Kings of War id love to know what you think of the game.

Mark

4 comments:

The Kiwi said...

AWESOME! That's what I have to say about kings of war. The rules are simple but it does not mean the game is not without tactical play. Cool to see you are jumping in. Like you I played warhammer fantasy but this game is like fresh oxygen.
No more studying a text book. Just read a few rules instead. Do not disregard doing large unit basing. No need to remove individual figures from the table top means a whole lot of creative possibilities.
I was just formulating a plan in my head last week for my 2nd KoW army.
cheers

Kiwicolourstudio@gmail.com said...

Yeah that's what I like about it as well. I will say that I personally like removing figures when they die but I can live without it if the game flows well. I'm looking really forward to my first game this weekend.

Scottswargaming said...

Ooooh lots of skellies, they're gonna look great en-masse!

Kiwicolourstudio@gmail.com said...

I sure hope so Scott. There will be a lot of them in a 2000 point force although I'm aiming for 1000 points to begin with as that's what everyone seams to be playing here in Auckland.